Thursday, January 18, 2007

Traffic Court

I had to be at the Joliet Courthouse at 9:am on Tuesday morning. I had to park 3 1/2 blocks away and walk in 15 degree weather. The line to get in was backed up down the stairs and around the front of the building. Finally got to the scanners and the police officer said I couldn't come in because my cell phone has a camera on it. I walked 3 1/2 blocks back to my car, threw my phone in and walked 3 1/2 blocks back, stood in line again. Arrived at the court room and checked in with the baliff and she said "Oh, you need to go to City Hall". I walked 3 1/2 blocks back to my car and drove to City Hall. When I got inside the lady directed me to the payment window to pay for my parking ticket. I said I don't want to pay for it, I want to contest it. She said the hearing date for that is tomorrow (Wednesday at 9:00 am). I decided that I wasn't coming back and I placed a written contestment and I will hear the outcome by snail mail. My husband said I should have gone to plead my case in front of the judge but oh well.

No comments: